How Did Your First Quarter Go?April 5th, 2015
Building a private practice can sometimes seem like a steep dusty path that looks uphill in both directions. If you are just starting your practice you probably have a long list of things to do and many choices to make which can be exciting and overwhelming at the same time.
As we celebrate spring and wrap-up the first quarter of 2015, I encourage you to take a break for a few moments on your path. Here are a few questions to help you evaluate the where you have traveled and anticipate what lies ahead:
- What did you learn about yourself and your practice over the first 3 months of the year?
- Are you on track to meet your goals? If not, what change would help you get back on track?
- Which actions have been the most helpful? How can you leverage them further?
- Which plans have not worked out the way you wanted? How can you stop, re-start or change them?
- As you look at the path ahead, what are the few actions that will help you the most in reaching your goals?
- How aligned is your work with your core values?
I’m convinced that your practice (and your life for that matter) will significantly improve if you make a habit of periodically stopping to check out the view. If we are not careful, we will allow our practice to consume our lives. Consider asking a coach to help in this evaluation process. Coaching helps you dig deeper and maximize the learning. Besides that, we all need an outside perspective every now and then.
Hoping your next quarter will be the best yet!