The fact that you are visiting this website is a good indication that you have what it takes to succeed and we can help you. Small business ownership is not for everyone, as any business owner will tell you. The mental health field is quickly evolving, which complicates predictions for all clinicians, especially those who are practice owners. Refer to the checklist on the Start Your Practice page.
Psychologists and writers Steven Walfish and Jeffrey Barnet note, “It is the Mental Health Professional with the spirit of the entrepreneur who is most successful in private practice” (Walfish & Barnett, 2009).
The following is an “Entrepreneur Checklist” based on the work of Baron and Shane (2008).
- Can you handle uncertainty?
- Are you energetic?
- Do you believe in yourself and your abilities?
- Can you handle reversals and failures well?
- Are you passionate about your vision and goals?
- Do you have good people-skills?
- Are you adaptable?
- Are you willing to take risks or leaps of faith?
If you have the vision to launch into practice ownership, Genesis Assist is here to help! Call our consultants today and receive support from a team of successful private practice owners and leaders.
Posted in: Start Your Practice